Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A PRAYER FOR THE FIRST SUNDAY AFTER EASTER

EASTER 1

Psalm 16

7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


Where should we look for guidance 
How can we find our way
For we are lost, dear God
and cannot find our way 

We wander 
restless, distracted, confused
Unsure of our destination 
or what is our purpose

We have tried various advisors
studied roadmaps
calculating and recalculating
which route we should take

Who can show us the right path
lead us through storm and wind
Who can shelter us 
when we are frightened

Only you, dear Lord

Only you take our hand 
and never let go
pulling us up when we have fallen
so we can walk

Only you, dear Lord

Only you will gather us up
in your strength
and carry us
to safety 

Only you, dear Lord

Only to you can we look 
for hope and assurance
knowing wherever we go
You are there

Only you, dear Lord

Only you are there
on our first day and our last
walking beside us every step
and then take us home

We praise you and thank you 
For your presence with us
now and forever

Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment